Manchester United who were joint top of the league after the first 3 games are now 6points behind league leaders Manchester city, and find themselves in 7th position.
CONFAM SPORT
THE ULTIMATE PLACE TO DISCUSS ANYTHING & EVERYTHING RELATED TO SPORTS...
Wednesday, 21 September 2016
Man utd A team lacking organisation
Manchester United who were joint top of the league after the first 3 games are now 6points behind league leaders Manchester city, and find themselves in 7th position.
Wednesday, 8 June 2016
Manchester United complete the £30m signing of Villarreal defender Eric Bailly
Manchester United have completed the signing of Villarreal defender Eric Bailly for a fee of around £30m on a four-year contract.
The Ivory Coast international becomes Jose
Mourinho’s first acquisition at Old Trafford
since the Portuguese boss took over last month, with Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic expected to follow shortly.
On his move, Bailly said: “It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.”
The 22-year-old also becomes United’s most expensive defender in their history with the fee surpassing the £29.1m the club paid for Rio Ferdinand in 2002.
The centre-back, who was also said to be
attracting interest from fellow European giants Manchester City, FC Barcelona and Paris-Saint Germain, has 15 international caps for his country, and made 35 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga outfit this term, scoring one goal.
Monday, 23 May 2016
Manchester United have sacked Louis van Gaal and prepare for Jose Mourinho announcement
Manchester United have announced that Louis van Gaal has been sacked as manager and will step down with immediate effect.
Frans Hoek, Albert Stuivenberg and Max Reckers have all also been relieved of their positions but there is no confirmation as to whether Ryan Giggs will remain at the club.
An official statement is expected from United by 1pm BST.
The Dutchman steered Man United to their first FA Cup in over a decade on Saturday but the writing has been on the wall since exiting the Champions League early back in December 2015.
It’s been a pretty woeful season watching United play their most monotonous and dull football in the Premier League era and with the players on the verge of mutiny in the dressing room and without the fans’ support any more, van Gaal’s exit has been inevitable for some time.
As well as an announcement confirming his
departure, Jose Mourinho is expected to be
confirmed as United’s manager for next season in the next 24 to 48 hours as well.
Sunday, 22 May 2016
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal tells reporters ‘it’s over’ amid Jose Mourinho rumours
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has told reporters ‘it’s over’ the morning after beating Crystal Palace to win the FA Cup.
Speculation has been rife over the Dutchman’s future at the club, with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho seemingly poised to take over at Old Trafford.
Whether the 64-year-old is confirming that he is leaving the club is unknown, but it certainly appears that he is very close to departing after these comments.
Sky Sports News reports that Van Gaal refused to speak to reporters on Sunday, only saying ‘it’s over’.
Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Ifeanyi Ubah emerges Anambra FA chairman in a bizarre and unconstitutional manner
Just two days before the annual general meeting of the Nationwide League One, the League’s patron and Club owner, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah has emerged the Chairman of the Anambra State Football Association.
In elections conducted on Tuesday, the business mogul polled 24 votes. Barrister Jude Obikwelu emerged the new Vice Chairman, while the following persons were also elected into the board of the Anambra State Football Association from the zones: Amuzie Cyprian Chibuike, Udennanka Anthony Bebeto (Anambra Central); Amene Joe Ifeanyi, Emeka Raphael Udoka, Uduh Kingsley (Anambra North) and; Ifepe Edward Adah, Albert Chinye Theodore (Anambra South).
Chairman of the Anambra State Election Monitoring Committee, Sir E. C. Chukwuemeka confirmed the results.
I also want to add that the Election was scheduled for Wednesday but due to some reasons best known to those in charge the election was conducted A day before the stipulated date, unknown to the other contestants and their supporters who were supposed to cast their votes, but were denied that right because by the time they arrived the elections had been concluded and Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah had emerged as the new Chairman.
There is also the issue of Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah not being Eligible for the position because the law states that before anyone could be elected as chairman of the FA he must have been into football administration for over 4years, whereas Ifeanyi Uba has only been into football administration for just 2years Hence he is not qualified to vie for chairmanship post.
There were also several top officials in attendance such as:
Chairman of Chairmen of Nigeria football, Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau who witnessed the elections that took place in Awka, the Anambra State capital, alongside the Chairman of the Enugu State Football Association, Mr. Chidi Ofo Okenwa.
NFF President Amaju Pinnick has congratulated Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah on his victory.
IHEANACHO WANTS 200,000 POUNDS-A- WEEK, 5-YEAR MANCHESTER CITY CONTRACT
The agents of Kelechi Iheanacho have demanded a bumper new Manchester City contract that will pay the Nigeria starlet a mind-blowing 200,000 pounds-a-week over five years, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal today.
“He has deserved his keep at City as he is now one of the most effective forwards in the whole of Europe when you put his game time against the number of his goals,” a top source argued.
The 19-year-old Nigeria international has netted 13 goals in all competitions this season with seven of them in the Premier League.
In October, Manchester City offered Iheanacho 50,000 pounds-a-week.
As first reported by AfricanFootball.com, City have opened talks with Iheanacho’s handlers over a new contract after he justified his promotion to the first team at The Etihad with goals and five-star displays in his debut season in the English Premier League.
We have further learnt that Iheanacho is currently earning “between 10,000 and 18,000 pounds a week” after coming through the City youth ranks.
AfricanFootball.com was specially told by an insider that the least paid City first-teamer is on 180,000 pounds- a-week with the biggest earner at the club Yaya Toure pocketing almost twice that sum.
Iheanacho is expected to bag a new contract by July.
Tuesday, 3 May 2016
David de Gea voted Manchester United ’ s Player of the Year
David de Gea has won Manchester United’s Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award for the third straight year, becoming the first player at the club to win the title for three successive seasons.
The Spaniard has kept 14 clean sheets in 32 Premier League appearances and had this to say:
“It is difficult for me to say anything; winning this trophy three years in a row is amazing. I am really happy, it’s an honour to receive this and I want to thank the fans, who are the best in the world.
“It is amazing to win this award three times in a row. I want to thank everyone one and we will keep fighting.”
United manager Louis van Gaal also addressed the elephant in the room in the form of De Gea’s botched deadline day move to Real Madrid:
“Everyone knows he had the chance to go to Madrid. As a manager, I am so happy he is here.”
Monday, 2 May 2016
2015/2016 Epl champions
Congratulations Leicester city Football Club are the 2015/16 Premier League champions.
What an incredible game of football that was , a fitting finale to the incredible story of Leicester City’s season. Played at breakneck speed, bursting with passion. The goals were wonderful - particularly Hazard’s - the attitude was confrontational, and the crowd were sensational. Couldn’t have asked for a better game to decide the title - except, of course, for Leicester City being in it.
Friday, 29 April 2016
Giwa FC fined N3.65m for failing to complete match with Rangers
•Rangers declared winner of fixture
Rangers International of Enugu has been declared winner of the abandoned Match Day 12 fixture against Giwa FC as the Jos-based side failed to show up for the ordered completion of the match at the Abuja National Stadium on Wednesday.
Rangers led 1-0 in Jos before the match was abandoned and the LMC relied on Rule B13.55 to declare Rangers winner with three points and one goal.
The League Management Company (LMC) has also ordered Giwa FC to pay fines for breach of Rule B13.25 of the Framework and Rules for failing to honour a fixture obligation without acceptable reason.
The fines include the sum of N2, 000, 000, another N650, 000 to offset the Match Officials expenses and N1, 000, 000 to offset the expenses of Rangers International.
Part of the decision read, “an order that the match which lasted 74 minutes shall count as a completed fixture, i.e the goals so far recorded (0-1) shall be the final scores;
this is pursuant to Rule B13.55 which states that “the LMC may order a league match which for whatever reasons lasts for less than 90 minutes to count as a completed fixture or to be replayed”.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had on Monday upheld the decisions of (LMC) which has in a summary jurisdiction exercise ordered that the match be completed in Abuja from the 74th minute at which it was disrupted by Supporters of Giwa FC in Jos.
Giwa FC has a further 48 hours to accept this decision in writing or elect to appear before a commission.
Dalung: I don't know if Nigeria will succeed at Olympics
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Barrister Solomon Dalung, has said he is not in the best position to tell Nigerians how many medals Team Nigeria will win at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Dalung said such a question ought to be directed to the athletes.
Dalung revealed that active preparations for the glamorous sports fiesta started formally this week.
Asked the number of medals Nigerians should expect, he said: “I am not going to be one of the athletes who will beat their chest on the number of medals to win.
“Asking an administrator to predict the number of medals is trying to be more catholic than the Pope.”
While dismissing insinuation that the Treasury Single Account policy of the Federal Government might affect Team Nigeria preparations for the Olympics, Dalung said:
“TSA will never pose a challenge to the Team Nigeria participation in Rio Olympics.
“We would not have raised the fund to prosecute some of the sporting activity programmes we have with the TSA.
“It helped mop up funds that we put at their disposal.
“As for the preparation, I can assure you that we are indeed ready and at the stages of moving into camping, which is the final stage before heading to Rio.
“By this weekend, we will head to Philadelphia to assess the state of our athletes who have been camping there.
“Sports is not magic, we can only do our best and leave the rest to God.”