Tuesday 3 May 2016

David de Gea voted Manchester United ’ s Player of the Year

David de Gea has won Manchester United’s Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award for the third straight year, becoming the first player at the club to win the title for three successive seasons.

The Spaniard has kept 14 clean sheets in 32 Premier League appearances and had this to say:

“It is difficult for me to say anything; winning this trophy three years in a row is amazing. I am really happy, it’s an honour to receive this and I want to thank the fans, who are the best in the world.

“It is amazing to win this award three times in a row. I want to thank everyone one and we will keep fighting.”

United manager Louis van Gaal also addressed the elephant in the room in the form of De Gea’s botched deadline day move to Real Madrid:

“Everyone knows he had the chance to go to Madrid. As a manager, I am so happy he is here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment